Scented Candle Refills
Help to reduce waste by having your empty candle glass refilled with your favorite fragrance.
Sustainable options for repurposing your empty candle container
Sustainability is at the heart of Luci di Lucca and we believe in providing our customers with the option to re-use the products we sell. Our scented candle refills are a great way to re-use your empty candle glass and keep your home smelling wonderful with your favourite fragrance. Not only is this a more sustainable option, but it will also save you money in the long run!
Our scented candle refills service is currently offered to local customers in Lucca only. We plan to expand to online customers as soon as possible. Schedule a time to drop off your empty candle container at our studio and we will clean the glass and refill it with your favourite fragrance. We will contact you when your refilled candle is ready to be collected.
Step 1: Leave your empty candle glass at our studio to be refilled
Make an appointment to drop your empty glass off and we will clean and refill it for you.
Please select the best time to drop-off your empty glass and arrive within a 15 minute window of the time selected. That is, if you select 12PM as your appointment time, you have until 12:15 before the appointment is cancelled.
Please note that this is our studio space. It is not a store-front and in-person shopping is unavailable at the moment.
Step 2: Collect your Re-filled Candle
When your refilled candle is ready for collection, we will send you an email and you can make an appointment to collect it.
Please select the best time to pick-up your refilled candle and arrive within a 15 minute window of the time selected. That is, if you select 12PM as your order pick-up time, you have until 12:15 before the appointment is cancelled.
Please note that this is our studio space. It is not a store-front and in-person shopping is unavailable at the moment.
Personalised candle wedding favours to make your wedding day unique.
The Power of Fragrance
Fragrance has the power to evoke strong emotions of special moments shared. Our elegant scented candle wedding favours are the perfect memento for your guests to take home – the fragrance will create lasting memories of your wedding day.
Hand-crafted exclusively at Villa Grabau, the candles come packaged in our signature white box and can be personalized with satin ribbon printed with the wedding couple’s details. Choose from two different fragrances and two sizes (55g and 275g). Price reductions are available based on the volume of your order.
We also work exclusively with several wedding planners in Lucca, so if you need some help in organizing your big day, we can put you in touch with the best wedding planners.
Please contact us to discuss how we can assist with your wedding gifting needs.
CANDLES & WAX MELTS – CARE & SAFETY
Guidelines on safety and how to care for your candles and wax melts to ensure the best olfactory experience.
Candle Care and Safety – Important Warnings
- Never leave a burning candle unattended
- Keep burning candles away from children and pets.
- Never burn a candle on or near flammable objects or anything that can catch fire.
- Before lighting the candle, always trim the wick to a length of 5mm
- Make sure the candle is placed on a stable, heat resistant level surface and away from drafts.
- Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Never move a candle while it is burning or while the wax is liquefied.
- Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly.
- Allow candles to cool before trimming wick or relighting.
- Extinguish all candles when leaving a room or going to sleep.
- Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle. It’s the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.
- Never extinguish candles with liquid.
- Never position a candle near a heat source such as the sun, a heater or chimney.
- Keep candles apart. Leave at least 10cm between two burning candles.
- Do not touch the candle holder with your bare hands when it is lit. The container may be hot.
Choose the appropriate candle size to complement your space
Size maters when it comes to your candle’s ability to release its fragrance into a room. The larger the surface of your candle, the larger the space it can easily fill with scent. A candle needs to burn for at least an hour to allow the wax to melt properly and provide sufficient time for the scent to be released. Larger living spaces may require more than one candle to scent the entire room. Below is a guide to assist you in selecting the correct Luci di Lucca candles to compliment your space.
Small Candle (55g / 1.94oz) Burn time 20 – 25 hours. Surface diameter is 50mm. These work best within small defined areas such as a small bathroom, powder room, bedside table, laundry or your desk/work area. The small size is also perfect for wedding favors.
Classic Candle (275g / 9.70oz) Burn time 55 – 65 hours. Surface diameter is 85mm. These are suitable for medium sized spaces such as a kitchen, dining room, living room, bedroom or office. A larger living room may require more than one candle.
When you light your candle for the first time, allow it to burn until the wax has melted to the very edge of the glass (maximum 4 hours). This will ensure the candle burns evenly down the glass and lasts for as long as possible. When you have extinguished the flame, if necessary, re-centre the wick in the liquid wax.
Before lighting the candle, always trim the wick to a length of 5mm. This will ensure an even and smoke-free burn, help to prolong the life of your candle and will stop the build-up of carbon on the sides of the glass.
Do not burn any candle for more than four hours at a time and allow it to cool for at least two hours before relighting. Do not burn a candle all the way down to the bottom. Discontinue the candle when 5mm of wax remains.
Remove dust cover before use and replace it when the candle has cooled. Store candles in a cool, dry place to protect their integrity.
- Only use in burners designed specifically for wax melts. It is important that there is a distance of at least 6 cm between the heat source and the bottom of the dish that holds the wax melt. Our wax melts are suitable for both traditional tealight burners and electric wax warmers. Read and follow the safety/usage instructions provided with your wax burner.
- Only use one wax melt at a time in the wax burner. Place it in the dish of the wax burner and turn on the heat source. As the dish heats up, the wax will melt and release its fragrance. When the heat source is turned off, the wax will cool and re-harden. Each wax melt can be re-heated several times before it needs to be replaced.
- Only use a standard size 4-hour tea light with a wax burner. Use only unscented tea lights. Do not use the burner with a maxi tea-light, votive or any other type of candle.
- Unlike candles, wax melts do not evaporate or burn down; only the scent dissipates from the molten wax. Therefore, when the wax melt no longer smells, it is time to replace it with a new one. To remove the used wax, wait until the wax has cooled to a solid mass. Then turn the heat source on and wait 30 – 45 seconds until the wax has warmed slightly. It should be possible to gently remove the wax as a solid mass without the need for any force. Never use metal or sharp objects to remove the wax or put the dish containing the wax in the freezer, as this may damage the burner or cause injury.
- Dispose of the old wax appropriately. Do not put wax down the sink as the wax may harden and cause a blockage. Clean your warmer using soap and water and then start again with a new wax melt.
Wax Melts Safety – Important Warnings
- Do not leave wax burner unattended while in use.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- The wax burner becomes hot during use. Do not touch or move the wax burner whilst in use. Wait until it has cooled completely, and the wax has solidified.
- Do not use the wax burner on or near anything that can catch fire.
- Always place the wax burner on a heat resistant surface.
- Do not add water or fragrance oils to the wax under any circumstances.
- Keep wax clear of debris.
- Check your wax burner regularly for any cracks or damage.
Scented Candles Wholesale: Weddings and Events + Corporate Gifting
Scented Candles Wholesale Enquiries:
As a small family run business, we love to work with other businesses who value the quality and care that goes into crafting luxury hand-made products.
Scented candle wholesale orders – we generally require 3 – 4 weeks lead time on small to medium orders, after contracts are signed and deposits paid.
Wholesale is a perfect option for:
- Weddings or other events
- Exclusive retail stores / boutiques
- Beauty Salons and Spas
- Corporates events
- Real-estate businesses
What we will need from you.
Businesses – we will need your business name and details, type of business, shipping address, estimated volume of products / fragrances and preferred delivery timeframe.
Non Business / Personal enquiries – we will need your name, type of event, date of event, shipping address, estimated volume of products / fragrances.
For weddings and events, the order must be placed at least one month in advance.
Tuscany Candle Making Workshops
Be guided through the process of learning to make vegetable wax candles in a stunning Tuscan Villa.
Join us for a fabulous candle making workshop in Tuscany, in the beautiful surroundings of Villa Grabau, Lucca.
What you will learn
Our Tuscany Candle Making Workshops are fun and informal. They lastaround 4 hours and in this time, you will learn the basics of how a candle is made, what types of waxes can be used, the use of fragrance oils versus essential oils in a candle, wick selection and the tools and techniques you need to create candles.
You will learn the fundamentals of candle making, see demonstrations and then have some fun creating your own natural wax scented candles with a range of fragrances.
You will take home a beautiful 275g scented candles as well as new knowledge and skills to start you on your candle making journey.
Numbers are limited to small groups of 2 – 4 people and the atmosphere is relaxed and informal. While we wait for our candles to set, we will enjoy a prosecco and snacks in our beautiful Renaissance garden.
Perfect for beginners.
What to bring:
All candle making equipment provided. Please bring a notepad and pencil for taking notes.
Anyone wishing to learn more about candle making. This class is also a great indoor activity idea for small wedding groups.
Luxury scented candles handcrafted with Italian Passion
If you’re looking for luxury scented candles with a touch of Italian charm, look no further than Luci di Lucca. We hand-craft our candles in small batches from our atelier at Villa Grabau, Lucca, a noble family estate built in 1510 by the Diodati family of merchants. Inspired by the historical Villa and its exquisite botanical gardens, we created a range of unique candle fragrances that capture the essence of Tuscany. Infused with woody, herbaceous, spicy, citrus and floral notes, each candle is presented in an elegant eco-crystal glass that will create a luxuriously scented atmosphere in your home.
The profusion of scents spilling from the Renaissance garden and beautiful botanical park of Villa Grabau are the source of inspiration for our collection of home fragrances. Composed exclusively for Luci di Lucca by independent master perfumers from Italy, the UK and France, our fragrances contain a high percentage of natural essential oils and carefully chosen aroma molecules to enhance the olfactory effect and burn performance of our candles. The combination of natural vegetable wax, cotton wicks and masterfully constructed fragrances ensures our candles burn cleanly and perfume the air beautifully. As each fragrance unfolds, it reveals its own scented story.
Sustainability is at the heart of Luci di Lucca. Our luxury scented candles are produced in small batches, with a strong commitment to preserving traditional artisanship. We value quality and uniqueness over quantity.
We use a sustainably sourced Rapeseed and Coconut wax blend from Europe that is 100% plant based, biodegradable, vegan friendly and completely free from paraffin, soy, palm, beeswax and additives. Our cotton wicks ensure a clean even burn.
Each candle is presented in our signature glass vessels made in Italy from lead-free eco-crystal, a 100% recyclable material. They are hand decorated by Veronese artisans and can be reused as a decorative object around the home when the candle is finished or refilled with your favourite fragrance.
Our packaging is also 100% recyclable and is produced and printed in Italy.
Wedding Candle Favours
Fragrance has the power to evoke strong emotions of special moments shared. Our luxury scented candles are the perfect gift for your guests to take home – the fragrance will create lasting memories of your wedding day.
Hand-crafted exclusively in our atelier at Villa Grabau, the candles come packaged in our signature white box and can be personalized with satin ribbon printed with the wedding couple’s details.
If you are planning your wedding at Villa Grabau, our small candle votives make the perfect wedding bonbonniere!! A truly special memento of your wedding celebration at a unique noble villa in Tuscany.
Luci di Lucca is a luxury lifestyle brand of scented, natural wax candles, hand-crafted entirely in Italy. Founded in 2020 whilst under lockdown, we create our candles slowly in small batches, using sustainably sourced ingredients and responsible packaging.
Register to receive luxury offers & member benefits.
© 2021 Luci di Lucca – All rights reserved. P.IVA 02221610468